13342 Woodcrest Dr., Surrey, BCMLS®#: F1313481
- Property Value$4,298,000
- Sold on 2013-07-24
- Property Address13342 Woodcrest Dr., Crescent Park, Surrey, BC, V4P 1W5, Canada
- TypeHouse on Acreage
- BasementFully Finished, Separate Entry
- Parking5+ cars
- Year Built2002
- Living Area9,892 sq.ft.
- Lot Frontage165 ft
- Lot Depth457.58 ft
- Lot Size Area71,526 sq.ft.
- Bathrooms6 full & 2 half
13342 Woodcrest Dr., Crescent Park, Surrey, BC, V4P 1W5, Canada
CRESCENT PARK - Private gated Manor on 1.64 acres. Stately craftsman style home custom built for present owners by Surfside Construction. This outstanding property features grand main house, separate cottage and detached 4 car garage with studio living above. Traditional styling and open plan offers many opportunities for your personal needs. Gourmet kitchen - 2 fridges, 2 wall ovens, gas cooktop, 2 sinks, granite & tile counters. Professionally landscaped grounds, in ground pool & extensive gardens lovingly developed by owners. Meticulous attention to detail, no expense spared - only the finest materials and fixtures. Cottage 630 sq. ft. & Studio 817 sq. ft. both w/ 3 piece bath not included in total sq. ft.
13342 Woodcrest Dr
Surrey, BC, V4P 1W5
The home was completed in February of 2002, built by Surfside Construction; Owen Poppy, Builder. The house was designed by Bob Ferguson of Grafic Square Design.
• three major structures including the house, garage and cottage, all with matching exterior finishes and materials
• The private estate covers an area of 1.642 acres (71,526 square feet) with many fine specimens of Western Red Cedar, Grand Fir, Douglas Fir and Bigleaf Maple trees.
• Total finished/heated living space:10,840 sq ft (according to blueprints) including:
o House: 9600 sq ft (per blueprints)
o Garage: loft 640 sq ft living space, parking 1310 sq ft vehicle space
o Cottage: 600 sq ft approx
o In addition there is roughly 1000 sq ft unheated storage space, mostly in the attic, with normal doors for easy access.
• The garage has generous parking for 4 vehicles, covering an area of 1310 square feet. Upstairs in the garage is a 640 sq ft studio/apartment with 3 piece bathroom.
• The cottage has 600 square feet, with vaulted ceiling and oak hardwood floor, and includes a 3 piece bathroom. This can function as an apartment, yoga or artists studio, office, or deluxe woodwork shop.
The house is featured with photos on the Surfside Construction website www.surfsideconstruction.ca . (Enter, then choose “Our Homes” and then click the picture of Winterfall on top row, third from the left). These photos were taken in 2002.
General Technical Details
The three buildings all have in-floor radiant heating (including the car spaces in the garage), cabling for internet, cable tv to all major rooms, telephone to all major rooms and comprehensive alarm system.
The windows in all buildings are made by Marvin Windows, and are top-of-the-line wood frame with aluminum exterior cladding. Window styles include double hung (fully removable panels), casement, French (double) casement, and fixed types. Windows that receive sunlight are low-E coated to reflect heat.
The electrical service is to the estate is 400 Amps buried in-ground from the property line. Each building has its own electrical panels.
The septic system servicing the three buildings consists of a modern three stage sewage treatment plant and a raised field under the front yard.
All exterior siding is cedar bevel or cedar shingle that has been dip primed for full coverage before installation.
Miscellaneous facts about the House
• The exterior finishing features stone cladding on major front sections and around the pillars of the carport. The stone is real basalt, in a “brougham” form (natural soft edges and colouring), from quarries north of Squamish, BC.
• The front of the house has a large covered verandah wrapping from the front door around one side of the house. The verandah decking is clear Ipe wood (also called Ironwood) that comes from South America (probably Brazil). This beautiful wood is known to be extremely hard and long wearing, very resistant to decay and interestingly has a class-A fire rating in the US which is the same as concrete and steel.
• Front stairs are brick and flanked by stone pillars. The front east corner of the verandah is prewired for an electric space heater and includes hardware for hanging a deck swing.
• There are two exterior masonry chimneys, both clad in red brick. These feature authentic English chimney pots.
• The rear exterior of the house features a semi-circular rotunda that contains the breakfast area on the main floor and a covered deck on the second floor. This deck also features Ipe wood decking material and has a curved aluminum railing in black. The deck ceiling is prewired for an electric space heater and also has outdoor speakers. The deck is accessed through double French doors from the master suite or from the studio.
• The ground level patio connects the family room to the gardens and features a swimming pool. This pool, in a classic design, is a concrete pool constructed by Serifino of American Pools. It has a unique finish that, when filled with crystal clear water is an attractive deep blue, much like blue suede. Brick stairs beyond the pool complement the classic appearance of this patio.
• The house was engineered to a higher than normal standard for earthquake resistance, by Kondra Associates Engineering, including structural design, connection and anchor features, full plywood sheathing on all critical walls including some interior ones, full plywood sub flooring on all levels including attic, bridge girder construction supporting the roof, chimneys are reinforced to commercial standards including block with concrete and rebar fill.
• The house has four floors. The main floor and third floor have ten foot ceiling height, the second floor has 9 foot ceilings. Basement has 8 foot ceilings.
• generous front entry hall with a custom painted ceiling depicting a sky at sunrise, with uplighting.
• The house features a grand central stair hall trimmed with handsome panel and arch millwork and featuring a tiled floor. The living room, dining room, powder room and family room areas all branch from this stair hall. Stair rails and posts are custom made of mahogany. The ceiling lamp is in the Tiffany style.
• The main powder room off the stair hall has a painted sink mounted in an antique-style cabinet.
• Interior doors are solid wood. Doors on the main floor are oversized.
• Family room, living room, dining room, butler’s pantry and kitchen are floored in Brazilian Cherry hardwood.
• Family room features a large stone fireplace (stone matches exterior stone), with slate hearth and natural gas fire. There is a large library cabinet covering the east wall which is built-in. French doors to patio. Open plan through to breakfast area and kitchen
• Total of 7 fireplaces, all gas fueled. Masonry fireplaces are found in the dining room, family room and downstairs rec room. A beehive-style in-wall gas fireplace is in the kitchen. The second floor studio has an old English coal fire style gas fired unit. The billiard room and living room fires feature cast iron surrounds.
• On the main floor the spaces include: living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, breakfast room, office/library, billiard room, butler’s pantry, stair hall, two powder rooms, and mud room.
• The formal dining room features a fireplace tiled in Art Nouveau style, wood paneling and a Schonbeck crystal chandelier. A butler’s pantry with sink connects the dining room to the kitchen.
• The second floor features three bedrooms, three ensuite baths (all are 4 piece), a studio and a laundry room.
• The studio on the second floor features an open plan to the stair hall with generous natural light and with French doors to the upper deck. It also includes a fireplace with Victorian tile surround.
• The kitchen features a large island, two refrigerators, two wall ovens and a wall mounted microwave oven, a five burner gas cooktop and two sinks. Counters are granite and ceramic tile. The kitchen fireplace is styled like a beehive stove.
• The family breakfast area lays partly within the rotunda which projects from the rear of the house. It is lined with double-casement windows that open fully to the patio.
• The office is paneled in stained wood in the classic old-English style, with built-in bookcases and coffered ceiling.
• The billiard room is paneled in stained wood in the American craftsman style including a beamed ceiling and fireplace mantel. The pool table, a top quality Olhausen model, will remain with the house. The billiard room fireplace features a cast iron face painted in dark green. Doors open from the billiard room to the rear patio and to the front verandah.
• The mudroom, with primary rear entrance door from the port-cochere, includes storage cabinets for recycling bins, coat closet, window seat, broom closet and two piece bathroom. The rear door is a dutch door.
• The third floor has the Big Room. This room is 17 x 49 feet and while currently well suited as a single bedroom, playroom, hobby room or office, it can also be subdivided into two generous bedroom suites plus a common room. The third floor also features three unheated storage rooms offering copious amounts of storage space.
• The theater is found in the basement. The movie theater is a beautiful eight seat custom built cinema paneled in the American Craftsman style, furnished with traditional theater seating, and featuring a 133inch Cinemascope screen, a separate projection booth and a mini-lobby for your candy counter.
• Also in the basement, the recreation room offers a huge space for party, lounging, exercise, or whatever you please. It features a large brick fireplace (gas fired), windows and French doors opening to the lower patio. A three piece bathroom is located off the rec-room.
• The remaining basement rooms include a wine cellar finished with tile floor, a hobby room with cabinets and sink and the mechanical room.
• The lower patio serves the basement rec-room and features a rock garden, curving rock staircase to the main rear patio and stairs to the front yard as well. It provides access from the pool directly to the downstairs shower for post-swim cleanup
• The mechanical room houses the heating plant and wiring center. The heating plant services all three buildings and features two boilers. These boilers also provide pool heating and domestic hot water heating. Hot water is re-circulated to kitchen and bathrooms in the house. The garage and cottage each have their own hot water tanks.
• Many interior walls, such as bathroom walls, office walls, mechanical room, are insulated with fiberglass for sound isolation. Waste plumbing from the second floor is done in cast iron pipe for minimum noise. All floors are insulated with fiberglass as part of the in-floor radiant heat system.
• There are two fresh-air circulation machines (HRV), one for the top two floors, one for the bottom two floors. There are two built-in vacuums, one for top two floors and another for bottom two floors.
• Audio wiring and speakers installed in ceiling or wall in Liv rm, din room, fam rm, billiard room. All audio wiring terminates in cabinets in the family room.
• Garage accommodates four vehicles without crowding. Vehicle area is finished and well lit and fitted with cabinets, counters and sink along the long wall.
• upstairs loft/studio can be used for hobbies, guest accommodation, games or an apartment. It features a 3 piece bathroom and a kitchenette (rough-in wired for 240V). The flooring is hardwood.
• Garage has in-floor radiant heat on both levels.
• Dedicated hot water tank
• Built-in vacuum serving both floors
• Both levels wired for phone and internet
• unheated attic storage areas accessible from loft living area
• custom made wood garage doors, with belt-driven openers
• fully finished including oak hardwood floor
• Dramatic vaulted ceiling. Min. wall height is 9 foot.
• 3 piece bathroom
• Counter with sink and bar fridge
• 600 square feet.
• In-floor radiant heat.
• telephone, internet, cable tv wiring in place
• 4 foot heated crawlspace
• Features ‘barn door’ and gravel driveway
• Garden shed: unfinished approx 10x12 feet, for garden tools and misc outdoor equipment.
• The rear of the property is a splendid forest grove with many beautiful natural features, a paradise for nature lovers.
• The property is fully fenced and private.
• The main driveway entrance has an automated gate with intercom. Wiring roughed-in for video camera.
• Generous visitor parking can accommodate more than 7 vehicles
• Extensive gardens lovingly developed by the owners
Listing Provided By
Monica Dahl - Remax Colonial Pacific Realty
- Monica Dahl
- Phone: 604-541-4888
- Toll-free: 1-800-226-8693
- Fax: 604-531-6800
- Email: email@example.com
- RE/MAX Colonial Pacific Realty
- 15414 24th Ave
- White Rock, BC
- V4A 2J3
- Helmut Dahl
- Phone: 604-541-4888
- Fax: 604-531-6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RE/MAX Colonial Pacific Realty
- 15414 24th Ave
- White Rock, BC
- V4A 2J3